Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kitchen Klutz: A T-Rex is after the Klutz



By Michèle De Meglio



I’m under attack!



There I was minding my own business when a big, giant, monstrous tyrannosaurus rex lunged at me. Ah!



It must have been the smell of my Klutzy dinner that brought him in. After all, I was making a super sweet steak. So tasty!



Before my prehistoric foe appeared, I was cooking up a storm!



There’s not much to this steak recipe (which is why I like it!) but the ingredients are super important.



Start with two four- to six-ounce filet mignon steaks. Season them with salt, pepper and the best marinade around — Peter Luger Old Fashioned Steak Sauce.



I am a native Brooklynite but I’ve never been to the famed Williamsburg steakhouse. But I have enjoyed/loved/devoured the eatery’s packaged steak sauce, which is sold in your local supermarket.



I filled a large Ziploc bag with a generous helping of the steak sauce then threw the steaks in. After a few hours marinating in the fridge, those slabs of meat were cooked (well done) on my favorite George Foreman Grill.



I understand that everyone likes their steak differently but I can’t do anything other than well done. It’s creepy to see blood oozing out of a medium rare steak and coating your side dishes. Blood-soaked veggies! Eww!



Verdict: I love Peter Luger Steak Sauce! It’s so sweet and makes me want to eat steak for days.



Oh! Maybe I’m the blood-hungry T-Rex! Grrr!



Kitchen Klutz follows 20-something Michèle De Meglio as she burns casseroles and her fingers, all in hope of trading frozen dinners for home cooking.



Saucy Steak



Ingredients


2 four- to six-ounce filet mignon steaks


Salt


Pepper


1/4 cup Peter Luger Old Fashioned Steak Sauce



Directions


Season steaks with salt and pepper. Fill a Ziploc bag with steaks and sauce and marinate for three hours. Cook on George Foreman Grill for five minutes for well done. Serves two.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2009 All rights reserved

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP